Graduate School of Applied Technology
Introduction to Graduate School of Applied Technology
In 2009, the Graduate School of Applied Technology(GSAT) was established to be the first graduate school at
Nanya Institute of Technology. In facing the worldwide changing of industry from labor intensive to technical intensive, We believe that transforming knowledge into practical techniques is the only way to cultivate students to meet with the needs of industry, Hence, Our Graduate School is founded to fulfill the goal.
The faculty members of the graduate school are a collaboration from professors specializing in Material, Fiber, Chemical, Civil, Environmental, and Mechanical Engineering. At present we have 5 full-time faculty members (4 professors and 1 associate professor).
The graduate school focuses on the following areas:
- The development and application of green materials and technology: the ecological environment, membrane separation, and green process.
- The development and application of functional materials and technology: catalyst, metal, polymer, inorganic and composite materials.
Precision Instrument Center
The Precision Instrument Center (PIC) was founded in 2010. The PIC integrates and operates several advanced instruments and equipment in
Nanya to support the R&D work for the academic and industrial users in the nearby counties. Furthermore, PIC provides students with several training courses and programs on the operation of those instruments to enhance the ability of the R&D personnel.
- To maintain advanced precision instruments and related resources in
Nanya for the best efficiency
- To enhance the quality of teaching, and trainee researchers and to strengthen teachers' research
- To support teaching, research, and industrial services